A new state of art for extremely complicated respiratory diseases. Airway interventions means the doctor is visualising areas of lung with a camera attached device(endoscope) so that those diseases which are long standing and not curable by medicines can get good result.
Here doctor is using minimally invasive endoscopic techniques to diagnose and treat lung, thoracic, tracheal and mediastinal conditions.
This includes mainly:
- Medical videobronchoscopy
- paediatric videobronchoscopy
PROCEDURES THAT CAN BE PERFORMED WITH MEDICAL VIDEOBRONCHOSCOPE INCLUDES
• Routine examination of airways.
• Bronchial wash.
• Bronchoalveolar lavage.
• Pulmonary toiletting .
• Endobronchial lung biopsy.
• Transbronchial lung biopsy(TBLB).
• Foreign body removal.
• Instillation of drugs.
• Baloon dilatation (Baloon bronchoplasty).
• Placement of stents.
• Bronchoscopic lung volume reduction surgeries(BLVRS).
• I C U bronchoscopy and bronchoscopic intubation.
• Mucous plug removal.
• Paediatric bronchoscopy and foreign body removal.
And a lot more as the list is infinite
PROCEDURES THAT CAN BE DONE USING MEDICAL VIDEOTHORACOSCOPE INCLUDES
•Pleural biopsy under direct vision
• For undiagnosed pleural effusions.
• Management of recurrent pleural effusions.
• Management of pneumothorax .
• Management of empyema.
In the past 2 years I was able to give amazing relief to almost 250 patients with complicated respiratory diseases with interventional pulmomology procedures with zero complications.
These procedures are done in a tertiary care hospital operation theatre under anaesthesia backup.