What are the diseases known to be allergic in nature?
The common allergic diseases are :
- Allergic rhinitis - sneezing, watery eyes and nose, post - nasal drip, nose block, congestion.
- Allergic conjunctivitis - itchy, red watery eyes.
- Allergic bronchial asthma - cough, wheeze, breathlessness and tightness of chest.
- Atopic dermatitis - itching, reddening and feeling of flaking of the skin.
- Allergic rhino - sinusitis - headache, congestion, throbbing pain in and around the eyes & cheeks, nose block, and post-nasal drip etc.
- Urticaria & angioedma - itchy hives and non-itchy swelling of lips, eyes etc.
- Anaphylaxis - a violent allergic reaction to insect stings, food, drugs and latex.
- Food allergy – can induce recurrent urticaria, laryngioedma, atopic dermatitis, anaphylaxis etc e.g. peanut, fish, etc.
- A.B.C.D. (air-borne contact dermatitis)
- Contact allergy (chemicals etc)
- A.B.P.A. (allergic - bronchopulmonary - aspergillosis)