Why should we consider allergies seriously and start treatment at the earliest?
- Allergic diseases if not treated properly by a trained allergy specialist can progress e.g; if allergic rhinitis is not controlled, asthma can develop later.
- Repeated cough,repeated sinus, ear and chest infections.patient will be forced to take antibiotics almost once in every 2 wks.
- Night cough interfering with sleep and thereby causing day time fatigue, sleepiness, poor concentration, road traffic accidents, absent from school and work etc…
- Exercise induced asthma can develop there by resulting in inability to take part in sports which may inturn induce depression , especially in children
- Poor weight gain due to recurrent infections in paediatric age group
- Growth retardation -final height of the child is affected.
- Psychological problem may occur especially due to itching of skin in public in children with skin allergies
- Recurrent hospitalizations causing a huge economic burden in the family
- Causes poor quality of life